Thursday 6 December 2012

Have yourself a merry little Christmas trees

Ahhhh decorations, decorations. Today almost whole day I spent making different things, including another wreath as a present for my mother-in-law (picture in the next post)

I´ve seen lately so many lovely D.I.Y Christmas trees around that I decided to make some myself - the Pinterest is sooo inspirational :) BTW my account is here: http://pinterest.com/harmonicday/

Here we go then - the instruction of making very simple little Christmas trees:

1. Most of the people use foam cones as a base, but I thought - what if I use a cardboard? It is thick enough to make a sturdy construction and at the same time you can easily pin decorations to it. The only obstacle was to roll it. But after a few minutes I learned how to do it :) The advantage of using cardboard is the possibility to make your tree as high and slim as you want.
Once you make your shape it is as easy as using scotch tape to hold it together.

2. For the next step you need pins and yarn. Pin the yarn close to the base and wrap around the shape pinning from time to time, working your way to the top.



3. Now you can use your imagination to accessorise your tree. I used little styrofoam baubles, berries, small cones and dry flowers. You can take off some of the pins you used to hold the yarn and repin them with accessories. Dry flowers don't need pins of course, they can be just tucked under the yarn.


 And that´s all. The Christmas trees are ready. I made three with different height. Unfortunately I though a bit  too late about making little holes and putting the lights inside, but I will do it next year for sure :)


No comments:

Post a Comment