Tuesday 4 December 2012

DIY wreath

I always liked wreaths. The problem is in most of the shops the wreaths are full of glitter, gold and daub.I really don´t like the "made in China" style.

That´s why after seeing lots of beautiful, inspirational wreaths online I decided to make my own.

These are simple steps to make wreath. My one is in traditional colours of the season, but you can make anything you want. :)



    •   For the base I used woodbine branches, they bend easily and I didn´t even need to use anything to keep them together. Simple tight wraping one around another and tucking the lose ends between the tangles do the job perfectly.
   


    • When I decided the base is tick enough I wrapped a few branches of cypress, the same way as before, to give it a green touch. I didn´t use a lot of them, as I wanted to have space for baubles and pinecones



    •  I used 2 colours of baubles and placed them on the base using green thread to make it less visible. The black baubles look very elegant together with my favourite deep burgundy colour.
    • After all of that the last step - pinecones. They need to have a bit of branch so it´s easy to tie them up to the base.























    •  For the final touch I painted parts of the pinecones with white acrilic paint to imitate the snowy efect.

And that´s all.  Simple and personal. 
Much better than the mass production from the shops.



Hope you like it! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment