Monday 7 March 2011

One of the most beautiful places in England...

Hello everyone! I hope you are having fantastic begining of the week :) Today I want to tell you about one of my trips in UK.

Back in 2008 (I can´t believe it´s already so long ago) one of my friends wrote me an email saying he is coming to UK and if I wouldn´t mind to go around with him to show him some beautiful places. OF COURSE I was delighted! :)

We went to DORSET and I was amazed by its breathtaking coastline, charming villages and unspoilt countryside.


First stop - Shaftesbury with it´s Gold Hill - steep cobbled street featured on the cover of countless books about Dorset and rural England.
It was perhaps most famously used as the street in the popular Ridley Scott directed Hovis bread advertisement from 1973.



It still look almost the same :) When you walk down the hill it´s like you are back in those wonderful times when people were simple and polite and everything was more real.



Next we went to Poole, where we spent countless amount of time taking photos of the boats in the fast approaching sunset.  





We were so busy that we didn´t notice the darkness around. Sudenly it was completely dark and we didn´t even have a place to stay...  As it was February lots of b&bs were closed so at some point I had a vision of sleeping in the car, but luckily we found a place at the end. 


Morning greeted us with a fantastic foggy sunrise - there was lots of people enjoying a walk on the quay.





After enjoyable walk around and great fresh coffee we went to see probably the most famous place in Dorset - Durdle Door. It was absolutely fantastic to be with such a strong nature. I was imagining how the  arch has been created by the slow process of erosion.



Dorset is definitely worth a visit. 



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures - so atmospheric! They really do capture the sense of mystery that Dorset holds in places.

    (Just found you by chance on the NetworkedBlogs discussion boards - and I'm going to follow you. I have a writing, art, photography blog based in France.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Deborah! I´ve seen your blog and I decided to follow you as well - I need to have a closer look to comment but it looks interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sepia colours convey the 'pastness' of the place, with nice touch of Ridley Scott's 'Hovis'[with perhaps an Alien lurking?]. Have not visited Dorset yet, but this post has made it inviting. I have a few 'placepoems' on my blog - hope you will visit it! Thanks and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a nice day and also nice blog and visit me back with $Mile$ at

    http://adsense-adword-info.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete